Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 12 - Recipe 20 "Tuesdays with Dorie"


I don't know if I have mentioned "Tuesdays with Dorie" yet, so I will explain a little first. "Tuesdays with Dorie" is another online cooking group. Once a week a member chooses a recipe from Dorie Greenspan's book "Baking: From My Home To Yours" and everyone in the group makes that recipe and posts about it on Tuesday. I just received my book in the mail and I spent a good 30 minutes flipping through it last night. I am so excited to make many of the recipes! TWD gives me the push to actually use this book. Honestly, how often do we actually cook/bake more than a few recipes out of a cookbook? This cookbook will definately get used!

This weeks TWD recipe was chosen by Dolores of "Chronicles in Culinary Curiosity". The recipe is Blueberry Sour Cream Ice Cream. I was so excited that it was an ice cream recipe! It has been warm here for the last couple days (seriously, we aren't having much of a summer!) so I welcomed a cold treat!

I have had my Kitchenaid ice cream attachment for about a year now and have used it more than I thought I would. But, I have always made the traditional ice creams... chocolate chip cookie dough, butter pecan, cake batter, vanilla, etc. I was looking forward to this recipe because it not only used fresh blueberries, but it called for sour cream, an ingredient I hadn't used in ice cream.

The result was tangy and sweet all at the same time. I really enjoyed this ice cream! I was also glad that it didn't make as much as other ice cream recipes because I don't need sweets hanging around! I took the advice of another food blogger and drizzled it with hot fudge. SO GOOD!

My first venture into TWD territory turned out great and I am looking forward to making more recipes with this wonderful group!


For the recipe, go to Dolores's blog (link above). Click on the TWD blogroll to check out what others did!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yours looks like it turned out great. Welcome to the group!

CB said...

ooohhhh fudge-y goodness! I bet that was fabulous! and Welcome to TWD!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Flourchild said...

WOW your ice cream turned out so good lookin! Welcome and keep on baking!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Oh, welcome (from another new-ish member)! Good job on the ice cream. And isn't it funny how hot fudge enhances just about everything? With all these sweets to make, I'm going to switch to making half recipes!
Nancy
The Dogs Eat the Crumbs

Jaime said...

mmm great idea w/the fudge! welcome to TWD :)

Anonymous said...

the photo with the fudge sauce is making my mouth water - it looks wonderful!

Sihan said...

wonderful first entry! welcome to TWD!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to TWD! That fudge drizzled over the top looks SO GOOD. Nice!

Sharon said...

Welcome to TWD. Your ice cream looks so good and I love the hot fudge on top.

Steph said...

I love the chocolate on top!! Looks fab and welcome to the group!

Anonymous said...

Love the color of your ice cream - and what a cool idea to combine it with fudge sauce! Welcome to TWD!

Brooke said...

Welcome aboard. P.S. I love your pancake post. I'm coming back often.

Dolores said...

A belated welcome aboard and thanks for joining in with me last week. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails