Thursday, August 7, 2008

Day 7 - Recipes 10, 11, and a teaser!

WOW! Eleven new recipes in one week! I'm having so much fun with this!!!

I think spent all day in the kitchen today. Okay, maybe not ALL day, but most of my free time was spent cooking and then cleaning up the mess from all the cooking! Luckily the kids were awesome today and they let me get everything finished.

For breakfast I made mini frittatas. They were so adorable and incredibly tasty! The recipe made 12 minis and they are gone! Anya and I each had 6. I know that sounds like a lot, but it really only works out to 2 eggs each. That is a little much for Anya, but she inhaled these things! I will definately be making these again. They are so easy to throw together and you could play around with the ingredients, too! Next time I make these (which will be SOON!) I will throw in some chopped veggies. Try them out... you won't be disappointed!

I was invited to dinner at a friends house for the second night in a row, so no new dinner recipe today. Don't get me wrong... I'm not complaining! The food is always good and it gives me an opportunity to make dessert! I was saying this morning to Monica that at least 50% (if not more!) of the recipes I save are desserts so I need as many chances as I can get to make them. Plus, it helps to have other people to share it with so I don't eat it all!

I actually made two desserts today (I told you I was in the kitchen A LOT!). I can't tell you about one of them other than it was sinful and delicious! It is a past Daring Baker challenge that I decided to do so that I can catch up on recipes the group has already made. The post date for this particular recipe is 29 August, so watch for that! I SOOOOO want to tell you about it, but I will just have to be patient! It was AMAZING!

The other was a lemonade cake that was so good! I have started to introduce dairy back in to my diet, but going 3 weeks without has made me VERY compassionate to those who can't have dairy. My friend Erica is dairy free because her baby has a sensitivity to it, so I wanted to bring something that she would be able to eat. (The secret recipe is LOADED with dairy!) The lemonade cake was inhaled just as quickly as the secret dessert. It was very moist and had a wonderful lemon flavor. I think it will be a new favorite! I really enjoyed it!

As promised, I tried the jam and it turned out good. I think next time I will use less sugar because it was really sweet. I'm sure it will make wonderful PB&J's, but today I just ate it with a spoon! Hey... don't judge!

Before I post the recipes I wanted to say thank you to all of you who are reading my blog. This past week has been so much fun and your comments mean so much to me! Stick around because there are many more recipes coming your way!



Mini Cheddar and Bacon Frittatas

4 eggs
2 TBSP milk
1 TBSP fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
3 strips cooked bacon, chopped

Beat eggs in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Grease a mini-muffin tin. Fill cups with egg mixture until almost to the rim. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until centers are set.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Lemonade Cake

1 (3 ounce) package lemon JELLO
3/4 cup boiling water
1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
3/4 cup powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour one 10 inch tube pan.

Dissolve lemon gelatin the boiling water. Set aside. Combine cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs. Mix well and add gelatin mixture then beat for 5 minutes. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour.

To make the glaze combine the thawed frozen lemonade with sugar and mix thoroughly. While cake is still warm and in the pan, puncture cake with the tines of a fork. Then pour lemonade glaze over cake. Let cake cool completely before removing from pan.

2 comments:

Brad and Erica said...

I wanted to comment on your blog so that you would know that I am stalking it. Thanks for the lemon cake tonight -- it was delicious! So was the secret recipe, even though I only let myself have two bites. Mmmm... I am looking forward to more recipes to come!

Anonymous said...

i wanted to let you know how inspired i am by you (and your blog)... i am so excited to work on my meal planning and really getting back into the kitchen!!

thank you cristine!
love, sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails