Friday, August 29, 2008

Day 29 Part 2 - Recipe 52

Easy was the way to go tonight. I watched Lexie and Ryan tonight so that Monica and Travis could have one last date before he has to go back to Iraq. So, with two 3 year olds, a 6 month old, and a 3 month old, easy was the only way dinner was getting on the table!


I made lime chicken tacos, but I don't really know if they should even have lime in the title. Don't get me wrong, the chicken tasted great, but there just wasn't enough lime for it to be called lime. Am I making any sense? This cooked in the crockpot, which made everything easier in general. I really liked these tacos and am glad I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow!


Lime Chicken Tacos

I did put traditional taco toppings on these,

but wanted to show a pic of just the filling. YUM!

1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts

3 TBSP lime juice

1 TBSP chili powder

1 cup frozen corn

1 cup chunky salsa

Place the chicken in the crock-pot. Combine lime juice and chili powder and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.

Remove chicken and shred. Return to crock-pot with corn and salsa. Cover and cook 30 minutes or until heated through.

*I used frozen chicken breasts and cooked on high for 3 hours. Came out perfectly!*

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails