Friday, March 30, 2012

Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


My good friend Rebecca posted these cookies two days ago and not even 5 minutes after her post went up I was in the pantry gathering the ingredients to make them.

My son helped me make them and they were DELICIOUS! I love that they only use whole wheat flour, especially because I have 2 large bags of WW flour in my pantry! :) I ate a cookie straight from the oven, another cookie about 10 minutes after that, and well, I won't say how many more I ate. Let's just say the cookies went fast!

I am out of chocolate chips so I am off to the store today to buy more so I can make another batch of these cookies this afternoon. They are THAT good!

Enjoy!

Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Delectable Delights with Rebecca

1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 T milk
1 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment or silicone liners.Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Set aside. With a mixer, cream the sugars with the softened butter until smooth and fluffy. Add in the egg, vanilla, and milk. Mix well. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, with the mixer on low. Mix just until flour disappears. Don’t over mix. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips by hand. Using a cookie scoop or two spoons, form rounded cookie dough balls, using about 1 TBSP of dough and place on prepared cookie sheets. Bake cookies for 11-12 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges. Let cookies sit on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes to finish cooking and firm up, then carefully move to a cooling rack.

3 comments:

Flourchild said...

They sound and look wonderful. I have never tried ww flour in my cc cookies! I will have to try this receipe;)

Delectable Delights with Rebecca said...

My husband said they may be his favorite cookie ever... Pretty big statement. Glad you liked them as much as we did!

Coleens Recipes said...

I love trying to cookie recipes, thanks for sharing this one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails