Tuesday, March 6, 2012

TWD: Baking with Julia - RUGELACH

Rugelach is a cream cheese pastry dough that is usually filled with dried fruit and nuts. They are traditionally rolled like a crescent roll but this recipe is filled with so much that it is rolled like a jelly roll. I ended up baking mine flat like a cinnamon roll, though, because my filling was falling out! :)

We made rugelach with the original TWD and I did a craisin/white chocolate variation. I remember loving it so much that I decided to go against the recipe and use craisins, white chocolate, and pecans again. Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm.... LOVED THEM!

Thanks to Margaret of The Urban Hiker and Jessica of My Baking Heart for hosting this week. The recipe can be found at their blogs.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Your rugelach looks great!

Im At Home Baking said...

Yummy!

Wendy (pinkstripes) said...

I think my fiance would have preferred your version with white chocolate. They look great!

Cindy said...

Next time I'm going for the white chocolate filling! Looks delish. Glad I made Rugelach.

Cher Rockwell said...

They look so unique with the different filling. Very nice!

Katrina said...

Ooh, love your fruity/nutty additions. I laid mine on the baking sheet like cinnamon rolls, too. Just seemed easier.

Jen said...

looks delicious, great job :)

Cheese with Noodles said...

Cristine, I heard of Tuesdays with Dorie because of your blog and I bought the Baking with Julia book and signed up to be part of the group :D Can't wait to get baking, my book should be here in the next few days and I already bought my ingredients for the Soda Bread!

lauren said...

What a great filling idea. I will have to try it next time. Great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails