Thursday, March 29, 2012

30 by 30: Grilling (Balsamic-Garlic Pork Tenderloin)


When I made my 30 by 30 list my husband had some ideas of what to put on it. This is one of his additions. My husband is a grill master and makes the most amazing food! I take care of the inside food and he takes care of the outside food. He loves grilling and wanted to share his knowledge with me.

The funny thing is with all I have accomplished in the kitchen I have NEVER cooked on a grill before. Not even hot dogs. It was definitely time to learn!


I started the fire, prepped the coals, and cooked the food. I made a pork tenderloin, baked potatoes, and campfire cones (chocolate chips, marshmallows, and graham cracker crumbs inside an ice cream cone). Everything turned out really good!


The pork tenderloin was AMAZING! Seriously one of the best tenderloins I have ever had. The balsamic and garlic was perfect. I was quite proud that I made such a wonderful meal outside and was even prouder that I was able to impress my grill master hubby!

Make this tenderloin... you won't be disappointed!





Balsamic-Garlic Crusted Pork Tenderloin

4-5 garlic cloves, finely minced or crushed
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 pork tenderloins (about 1¼ pounds each)
2 tablespoons canola oil (if preparing in oven)
Stir together garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a small bowl. Rub the paste all over pork. If you like or have the time, marinate overnight. If not, no worries, it will still be great!

Grill preparation:

Sear the tenderloins on all sides, then grill for about 20-30 minutes, rotating every 10 minutes, until the internal temperature is 160 degrees. Try to let it rest before slicing.

Oven preparation:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Heat canola oil in a large, heavy saute pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, add pork, and brown all over, about 4 minutes.

Transfer pan to oven. Roast pork, turning occasionally, until the internal temperature is 160 degrees, about 20 minutes. Transfer pork to a cutting board, and try to let it rest 10 minutes before slicing.



1 comments:

Cindy said...

It's almost grill weather in Utah, can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails