Sunday, August 16, 2009

White Chocolate Macadamia Bars

Nathan's favorite cookie is White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies. When I saw these bars on Lori's blog, I knew I had to try them. They were so easy to throw together considering you mix it up in one pan. The recipe says to use an electric mixer, but I did it all by hand and the bars turned out great. They tasted great, too! If you are ever in the mood for a white chocolate/macadamia nut combo and don't want to take the time to make cookies, give these a try. You'll be glad you did!


White Chocolate Macadamia Bars

3/4 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts or slivered almonds
1 cup white baking chips
Heat oven to 375 F. Spray a 13x9x2 inch pan with cooking spray.
In a 4 quart sauce pan melt butter and brown sugar over low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted; remove from heat.
Beat vanilla and eggs into sugar mixture with electric mixer on medium speed. Beat in flour and baking powder on low speed. Stir in half of the nuts and 1/2 cup of the baking chips.
Smooth out into pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts and 1/2 cup of the baking chips.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and center is set. Cool about 30 minutes. Cut into bars.

9 comments:

Shelby said...

White Chocolate Macadamia is Grumpy's favorite too!

The McBride Family said...

Umm would it still taste good w/o the nuts. Because you know how I feel about nuts but I REALLY want these now!!!!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Well, darn! I don't remember those on Lori's blog...how'd I miss those beauties!? Love blondies!
~ingrid

Katy ~ said...

I LOVE macadamias! I'll bet these were fantastic!

Leslie said...

OHHH i bet my husband would love these!

margot said...

Yum! Bar cookies are so great when you are in a hurry.

betty geek said...

Can I have some of that?!

Karine said...

I love these bars with macademia nuts! They look delicious!

Anonymous said...

Yum! I want one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails