Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuscan Pork Stew

Pork tenderloin is one of my favorite meats to serve for dinner. I have been making this recipe for almost two years now, and I love using the tenderloin this way. I usually serve a crusty baguette on the side and it makes for a perfect dinner.

Enjoy!

Tuscan Pork Stew


2 TBSP olive oil, divided

1 medium onion, diced

1 tsp rosemary

3 garlic cloves, minced

1 cup carrot slices

½ cup chicken broth

2 cans (15-19 oz) Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained

1 can (14.5 oz) Italian style diced tomatoes

1.25 lbs pork tenderloin, sliced


In saucepan, heat 1 TBSP olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and rosemary. Cover and cook until onion is tender. Add garlic, cook 1 minute more. Stir in carrots through tomatoes; cook until tender. Remove 1 cup bean mixture and puree until smooth. Add back to saucepan. Meanwhile, heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet. Add pork and cook. Serve bean mixture over sliced pork.

6 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

What a wonderfully hearty recipe!!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Yum, love pork! If I had to chose between pork, chicken, or beef, pork wins hands down!
~ingrid

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from Cathy's to say hi!

HanaĆ¢ said...

Although I don't eat pork, I can see that dish go really well with beef too. I love all kinds of beans :o)

Thanks for the Fair wishes. I'll try to post something on my blog once I find out how I did.

Katy ~ said...

Looking forward to trying this one in the cooler weather. I can't make a decent stew to save my life so I'm always looking for a family tested and loved recipe!

Leslie said...

WOW..that looks like a mighty comforting dish

Related Posts with Thumbnails