Tuesday, May 15, 2012

TWD - BWJ: Pecan Sticky Buns

This recipe is one of those recipes that is so amazing and yet SO bad for you! I think there was a total of 5 or 6 sticks of butter in the entire recipe but you know what? They were so delicious that I just didn't care!

The recipe started with brioche dough... my absolute favorite dough to work with. The brioche is then laminated with more butter just like puff pastry. Then you top it with cinnamon and sugar, roll it up, put it in a pan with more butter and brown sugar, and bake it.

They are AMAZING! I don't think I would ever make them just for a random weekend breakfast for my family but for a group of people I most definitely would!

Thanks to Lynn of Eat Drink Man Woman Cats Dogs and Nicole of Cookies on Friday for hosting this week. The recipe can be found at their blogs.

7 comments:

Flourchild said...

Cristine your so cute not to care about the butter..I tried not to but could all most feel my fat cells jumping as I ate bite after sweet bite! Your buns turned out great! I gave half of mine to a friend::)

Sweet and That's it said...

Hi Cristine, I love the style your blog has!
I've cheated on the butter and luckily the brioche turned out fine (it needs more salt and sugar, though). I did not like the sticky topping, but will remake the modified brioche. With this recipe we surely gained experience (and probably weight!)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous bun! These were really good.

Unknown said...

I agree with you Christine. These are wonderful buns but not something you make for your family on the weekend. These are meant to be shared for special occasions! Yours look great.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Looks like a perfect bun! :)

Coleens Recipes said...

Some times the calories are just worth it, lol.

Cher Rockwell said...

I think these were perfect for an occasional treat. Bless any one who could eat them all the time :-)
Nice job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails