Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yes, here is yet ANOTHER chocolate chip cookie. I will admit it... I have a problem. I mean, we probably all realized that after I did CCC Week but the fact that I am still seeking out new recipes is proof that I truly have a problem. :)

I can't help it, though. Chocolate chip cookies are little bites of heaven and even though I have a favorite you just never know when a new favorite will come along.

This recipe intrigued me because of the addition of cream cheese. I use cream cheese in my sugar cookie dough and I LOVE it. I thought it could only be a good thing in CCC's, too!

These cookies were soft, chocolatey, and DELICIOUS! I will definitely be making these again!

Enjoy!

Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Sister Wisdom

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
10 tablespoons butter (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
3 ounces cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla
12 ounces chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375.

Combine dry ingredients (flour through soda) in a bowl and set aside. In mixer, blend butter, sugar,
egg, cream cheese, and vanilla. Slowly add the dry ingredients, mixing with each addition, until all are incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Drop dough by the spoonful onto cookie sheet, at least 1 inch apart.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown around edges.

6 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

I'll bet the cream cheese adds a GREAT richness to this cookie...brilliant!!

Unknown said...

I like these cookies so much :)

Natalie said...

do you think these would freeze okay?

Cristine said...

Sorry for the delay in responding... Yes, they should freeze just fine! :)

Unknown said...

Mine turned out looking more like scones... do you think I over mixed? They taste fine but I was expecting a cookie texture. Oh well, still a fun twist on chocolate chip cookies.

Cristine said...

Candy, overmixing may have been the problem. They have a cookie texture... just a tad softer due to the cream cheese. Glad you still liked them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails