Thursday, May 17, 2012

30 by 30: Funnel Cake


I was looking through my 30 by 30 list this afternoon to see if there was anything I could make quickly with minimal ingredients. Funnel Cake was the only one left on there that could be done quickly so funnel cake it was! It was so super easy and practically identical to the carnival favorite! I looked through a bunch of different recipes, got an idea for ingredients, and created my own recipe. We loved the way it turned out!

Enjoy!

Funnel Cake
Makes 4 large cakes

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 TBSP sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract

Vegetable oil, for frying
Powdered sugar, for dusting

Heat an inch of oil in large skillet.

Mix dry ingredients in bowl; set aside. Mix wet ingredients and whisk into dry until well blended.

Pour batter into pastry bag or ziploc bag; cut off corner.

Squeeze batter into oil and cook until golden brown. Flip and cook other side.

Drain on paper towels. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.

1 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

My grandkids will LOVE this, thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails