Sunday, May 3, 2009

Brownie Peanut Butter Cups

I fully intended to post a dinner recipe today. That's right.... two in less than a week! Everyone would've been so surprised. "Wow... look at Cristine! There is dinner! Not a scone or cake!" HA HA HA! But, fate had other plans and that is why you are going to be drooling over this dessert instead of an actual meal! :) This was just too good for me not to share right away!

It is pretty funny how this recipe ended up in my kitchen. My good friend, Erica, was telling me that her husband sent her a recipe that he found asking for her to make it when he gets home (he is also in Iraq). She showed it to me and I KNEW I had to make it ASAP. The recipe comes from Bake or Break, a blog I have been to many times, but I apparantly missed this one. So, I think a thank you is in order to Erica's husband, who luckily for me, was searching food blogs in his down time!


This dessert is FANTASTIC! If you love chocolate and peanut butter you will go gaga for this brownie! It is incredibly simple and quick to throw together and is baked in a muffin tin. Once the brownie is baked, peanut butter is spooned into the middle and then topped with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips. Drool. Yum. Delicious!



Oh, and for those who were wondering how Anya's surprise party went, it was fantastic! She was so surprised and had a blast! I don't have the pictures yet (Erica was gracious enough to take pictures for me on her way better than mine camera!), but I will post more about everything probably on Wednesday. :)

Brownie Peanut Butter Cups
Recipe from Bake or Break
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 tablespoon water
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup peanut butter chips plus about 1/3 cup more for garnishing
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips plus about 1/3 cup more for garnishing
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray or grease 12 muffin cups.
In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar, butter, and water. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir in 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips until melted. Stir in egg and vanilla extract. Add flour and baking soda, stirring until blended. Allow to cool to room temperature. Then, stir in 1/2 cup each peanut butter chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Spoon batter by heaping tablespoonfuls into muffin cups.

Bake for 13-15 minutes or until top is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out slightly wet. Place pan on wire rack. Centers of brownies will fall upon cooling. If not, tap centers with the back of a teaspoon to make a hole.

Place peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds, then stir. While brownies are still hot, spoon about a tablespoon of peanut butter into the center of each brownie. Top with semi-sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Cool completely in pan.

14 comments:

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Gotta be grateful to a man who reads food blogs - especially when he chooses such a gorgeous recipe! PB and chocolate is just the most perfect combination!
Nancy

Michele said...

I love the peanut butter! What a great idea!

Claire said...

I want to try making these! =)

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Looks good! Thanks for sharing.
~ingrid

teresa said...

Oh my gosh, my tummy is aching for one of these! DELICIOUS!

Anonymous said...

YUM! Those look delicious.

Megan said...

Oh my gosh - I am dying here! What I would give for just one bite of those......

Elyse said...

Mmm, these brownie cups look amazing, Cristine!! What a fabulous job you've done. I adore chocolate and PB. Man oh man, I can't wait to make these.

Shelby said...

I'm happy Anya had a nice surprise party!

The brownies look to die for!

Leslie said...

ohh I love the gooey shot!!

Jennifer said...

Oh my those look amazing!!!

Stephanie said...

WHATTTT This recipe sounds outrageously delicious! That fillling looks so perfectly gooey & Peanut Buttery, MMMM!

Erin said...

Yum! I love chocolate and peanut butter!

J.L. Danger said...

UNREAL! Thank you! Now I know what to give Cory for Father's Day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails