Friday, September 17, 2010

Feta, Olives, and Tomato Pasta


Feta has got to be the best cheese in the history of cheeses. I love it in just about anything and it was fantastic in this dish. This pasta was quick, easy, and full of flavor. A perfect dinner for a busy weeknight since it only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish!


Also, I had to share something that I am super giddy about! I have been blogging for over 2 years now and I wanted a hard copy of my blog in case of a web crash and so I would have it forever! I went through http://www.blurb.com/ and my first year came in yesterday! (I had to break it up and put only 1 year in each book... the first book is 364 pages!) I love the quality of the book and I am so excited to get year 2 edited and ready to order!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Feta, Olives, and Tomato Pasta
2 TBSP olive oil
2 TBSP butter
1/2 red onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 can black olives
1 pint cherry or grape toma­toes
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 cups feta
Juice from half of a lemon
1 box pasta (any shape you want - I used campanelle)


Cook pasta according to package directions.

While pasta is cooking, saute onion and garlic in oil and butter until onions are translucent. Add tomatoes, olives, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, and chicken broth and cook until tomatoes soften.


Toss together pasta, tomato mixture, feta, and lemon juice.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Great recipe...I want to make my blog a book to passwon to my daughter

The Grows said...

I will have to try this one. So many of your pasta dishes make it into our make regulary list. The Grilled chicken and zucchini was the most resent to make the I will make regularly list. Lets see if this one does too.

Eliana said...

Ah yes - feta makes everything betta :)

Megan said...

I love the idea of the blog book - so much, in fact, that I want to do one of my own.

And yes, feta makes the world a better place. Well, I think so, anyway.

Kat said...

Hey so glad you liked the recipe! I was just part of an ebook that was composed of recipes from bloggers all over the world. It was very fun! I would love to have my own too though!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

I make a similar pasta but I use orzo. My kiddos love orzo. I like the one you used but orzo's as fancy a pasta as I'm gonna find around here.

Your cookbook looks terrific!
~ingrid

Beth said...

Your pasta looks wonderful. And the hard copy of your blog is terrific!

Natalie said...

I'm going through a major olive obsession and I've always loved feta...this sounds delish, I'm going to have to try soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails