Monday, May 10, 2010

Spaghetti and Meatballs

Spaghetti and Meatballs is such a classic dinner and there is a reason for that.... It is so good and comforting! I have two recipes that I go back and forth between. One uses a stuffed meatball (I really need to post that recipe) and this recipe which is packed with parmesan.

I love how full of flavor these meatballs are. They are the perfect topping to a bowl of spaghetti and they would also be great on a hoagie topped with cheese.

Enjoy!

Spaghetti and Meatballs

1 lb ground beef

2/3 cup grated Parmesan

1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs

1 tsp dried oregano

1 1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

2 eggs

Mix beef through eggs in large bowl. Form into meatballs.

Heat 1/2 inch oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add meatballs in one layer. Cook, turning occasionally, until the meatballs are nicely browned and cooked through. Use a slotted spoon and transfer to plate lined with paper towels. Repeat with remaining meatballs.

Serve with marinara and noodles or on a hoagie.... YUM!

6 comments:

The McBride Family said...

I should really try making meatballs one day. It's just so easy to buy them premade in the store... ;) One day iwill htough b/c those look awesome!

Shelby said...

Yum! I love a really good meatball! Its been a while since I've made any! Yes, you need to post your stuffed one! :)

Kat said...

My hubby loves meatballs...theres so manye different things we can do with them, he just loves all the variations!

teresa said...

delicious dinner! i love spaghetti and meatballs!

Maria said...

A classic. I am always up for pasta!

Cari said...

Looks yummy! I nominated you for a blog award :) Check it out @ http://carissa8402.blogspot.com/2010/05/i-won-blog-award-yay.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails