Monday, October 11, 2010

Frosted Pumpkin Cookies


Here is a delicious frosted pumpkin cookie that comes from my friend, Rebecca. Rebecca was Anya's dance teacher before the Army moved her to the other side of the country. Luckily for Facebook, we have been able to keep in touch with each other. Rebecca and I usually end up talking about food and I am so happy that she shared this recipe with me!

Another friend from dance class had told me about these cookies and that they were fantastic and that I had to try them. I immediately wrote Rebecca and asked for the recipe and made them as soon as she wrote back.

The cookie itself is cakey, full of pumpkin flavor and spices, and so good! It really is delicious on its own. The frosting is made with brown sugar and is the perfect compliment for the cookies. We really loved these and I will definately make them again!

Frosted Pumpkin Cookies

1 cup sugar
1/3 cup oil
1 cup pumpkin
1.5 tsp cinnamon (heaping)
1 tsp cloves (heaping)
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (Heaping)
1 tsp vanilla (heaping)
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup raisins
1/3 c. chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)

Mix oil, pumpkin and sugar. Add vanilla. Mix flour, spices, baking powder and soda then add to wet. Add flour, nuts and raisins. mix until blended (do not overmix).

Bake @ 350 for 10-12 minutes on greased cookie sheet.

Remove and cool completely. Frost.

Frosting:
3 TBSP softened butter
4 tsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar

Mix all ingredients until smooth.

8 comments:

Paula said...

This sounds like a delicious spice cookie. I've never tried brown sugar icing but I'm adding it to my frosting collection.

I think you've changed something here--the background maybe?? Love the lighter look.

Shelby said...

Oh how yummy and NO eggs! Yay for me! lol. I have not been so picky about butter but eggs I have really wanted to leave alone so this is awesome. I think I will be baking these up first thing in our new home! Thanks Cristine!

Kim of Mo Betta said...

These look great, and I'm excited abt the "no eggs" too since my little one is allergic! Will put this on my 'to make' list since I have been on a pumpkin kick!

Unknown said...

They look so scrumptious, great texture.

Bunny said...

These are so perfect for this time of yr Cristine, they look so good!

Val said...

Yum, these look so tasty!

Katrina said...

Love the sprinkles on top! I just made some pumpkin cookies yesterday that were a big flop. These look more like what I was hoping for.

Flourchild said...

I am up early getting stuff together to make cookies for a church picnic...Im thinking Pumpkin cookies. And..guess...who I thought of..you! SO here I am getting a recipe from your blog and this is the one!! Im making them this morning!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails