Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cooking Challenge

It's no shock that I love to cook... and eat! :) I have recently become addicted to food blogs and recipe sites and have accumulated a plethora of new recipes. So, I have given myself a challenge. Make at least one new recipe a day for the month of August. It can be anything, from a full on main course to a new smoothie. I will post pictures, recipes, and reviews here. Hopefully I won't be too boring!

I have also joined an online group called "The Daring Bakers". Once a month we are sent a recipe. We must make that recipe, provide pictures, and a write-up on that recipe by the deadline. Recipes must be kept secret until the deadline date, so look for that towards the end of the month!

I know some of you must think I am crazy! With a deployed husband, an energetic three year old, and a 2 month old who rarely sleeps, why on earth would I create more work for myself? Well, to be honest, cooking soothes me. I look forward to being in the kitchen. And, hey, my family has to eat, right?

Hope you enjoy following me through this next month! Now... off to make my menu and grocery list!

3 comments:

Millers! said...

I am totally excited Cristine... Doug will love you too, because he is always wanting different meals on the table!!!

The McBride Family said...

I am so stinking excited!!!! I can't wait to try some of your new recipes (Try as in eat them AND make them!!!!!)

ALLRED FAMILY said...

Wow! Cristine...I just saw Lesa's shout out on her blog and immediately added you. I can't wait to follow your new recipes...I'm always looking for new ideas that people I know actually like!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails