Thursday, February 21, 2013
Lemon Cheesecake Ball
Recipe from Annie Eats
10 oz. cream cheese
2½ tbsp. sugar
Zest of 1 large lemon
4 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 graham crackers
Combine the cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl. Stir together with a spoon or spatula until well combined and smooth. Mix in the lemon zest and lemon juice until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a ball, wrapped tightly. Refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours. Reshape if necessary once firm.
Coarsely crush the graham crackers and transfer the crumbs to a plate or bowl. Roll the cheese ball in the crumbs until evenly coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Thursday, February 14, 2013
M&M Cheesecake Cookie Bars
Recipe from What's Gaby Cooking
For the Cookie Layer
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a large stand mixer for 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated. Toss in a handful of the m&m's and mix for a quick second. Chill the dough while you make the cheesecake layer
- Whip together the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla for 3 minutes until everything is evenly combined and smooth.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9x9 baking square pan with tin foil and spray it with non-stick baking spray.
- Press 1/2 of the cookie dough mixture into the bottom of the pan to make 1 even layer.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture on top of the cookie dough.
- Crumble and sprinkle the remaining cookie dough on top of the cheesecake mixture and then sprinkle with the remaining m&m.s
- Place it into the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes until the cookie dough is golden brown. The inner part of the dish might look a bit jiggly, but not to fear. Once the Cheesecake Cookie Bars have baked, remove them from the oven and let them cool on the counter for 30 minutes. Then transfer them to the fridge and cool completely for at least 2 hours. Cut and serve as needed.
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Wow... I really did not anticipate taking a 4 month break from the blog. I didn't really anticipate taking much of a break at all. Yes, we were busy with the move (Aloha from Hawaii, by the way!!!) but I figured I'd still be able to post occasionally. Yeah... that didn't happen!
We have been in Hawaii a little over 2 months now and we are loving every second. I have been cooking and baking (not as much though... we have been enjoying the local food A LOT!!!) but as far as new meals go, I have been slacking. We have been doing a lot of old standbys and easy dinners, mostly because we stay at the beach a little too long and rush home for a home cooked meal! :)
Also, my camera died. Not sure what happened but I only have my iPhone camera right now. It works great for other pics... food pics not so much. So, when I have made something new I haven't photographed it.
All that to say I'm not sure when/if my blog will be back up. I haven't missed it the way I have in the past. I haven't felt a pull to post and I think that is okay. 4.5 years of blogging and 860 posts is a TON. That is a whole lot of recipes! I am not saying I am shutting down my blog but I am also not committing to continuing it the way it has been in the past. I have a few new recipes I've tried that I don't want to lose so I will probably post them here... just not in the traditional format with pictures & descriptions.
I'll still be cooking & baking and I hope that my blog is still a great resource for finding food inspiration. :)
Live - Laugh - Love - Cook